The Twelve Days of Clitmas: 10th Day
Look, we can’t deny the Boris-faced, virus-infested elephant in the room that this year hasn’t been great. But in the spirit of holiday cheer, I thought I would offer a bit of light relief from all of that by giving you a carefully crafted selection of holiday gifts. Yes, that’s right, I am joining the canon of Destiny’s Child, The Muppets and carol singers far and wide to give you my take on the Twelve Days of Christmas; the aptly named Twelve Days of Clitmas. For the last few weeks, I have been gathering nuggets of both wisdom and fun from many wonderful people, which I (your true love) will give to you (our Clitbait readers) as festive treats for the next twelve days. From holiday recipes, to wild swimming spots, to tips for a more pleasurable sex life, I hope there will be something in this for everyone! So, get the chestnuts roasting as I pop these gifts under the metaphorical tree and let’s end the year with a smile.
On the tenth day of Clitmas my true love sent to me…
Ten distanced meetings:
Though you must keep your distance, you can still catch their eye. Virtually, of course. On Zoom, most probably… I don’t know about you, but I am very happy at the thought of leaving the almighty Zoom quiz as a relic of 2020 and using these next few weeks (months?) of lockdown to explore the vast possibilities of alternative online meetings. So, as we head into the new year, here are 10 suggestions of ways to spice up your Zoom calls in 2021…
- Hire a Zoom entertainer (apparently this is a thing!)
- Host a naked book club (Listen to Karley Sciortino’s podcast, Love in the Time of Quarantine for inspo)
- Join a creative circle (I hear Clitbait do a pretty great one…)
- Organise (and invite me) to a Zoom musical re-enactment
- Get the cheese in and throw a wine tasting session
- Practice your Paddy McGuiness impression and present a virtual edition of Take Me Out
- Gather fallen flowers and organise a Zoom floristry class
- Reverse your dumptruck all the way to a virtual Come Dine with Me
- Perfect your harmonies at a Zoom choir
- If you are lucky enough to be near snow, set your laptop up near a window and have a Zoom snowman building competition
HAPPY ONLINE CONNECTING!
Beth Simpson, Society and Community Editor
Header image by Beth!